Individuals desiring to apply to the New Testament Adult Day Center may contact the Program Director at (704) 283-5606. The Program Director will ask you to…
- Make a visit to the center for evaluation and to see the program in action. This also provides an opportunity for the individual to visualize himself/herself in the program.
- Complete an application form.
- Have a medical form completed by a physician.
- Read and agree to the Program Policies and Procedures.
Each individual enrolled in the center must be evaluated by a member of the staff to determine eligibility. A free trial day is provided to complete this evaluation.The following areas will be evaluated:
- The adult participant must be able to adapt to the group setting mentally and physically.
- The adult participant must be ambulatory or semi-ambulatory, and able to care for his/her personal needs with minimal assistance.
- The adult participant must require minimal assistance with toileting. If a participant is incontinent but willing to wear protective garments and requires minimal assistance he/she will be considered for enrollment.
- More severely handicapped or disabled persons will be enrolled to the extent the staff and other participants can absorb without disruption or deprivation of services to other participants.